Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bad Mother

Confession #1: I have been testing Brady out in front of the T.V. every few days to see if he was interested (he hasn't been) just so that I might have 5 minutes to get some things done while he is awake during the day. I'm not saying that I would plant him in front of there for hours (we all know he wouldn't sit for more than 5 minutes...can you tell I have a guilty conscience?), but I didn't think that having him watch for a few minutes would be bad.
Confession #2: While leaving a certain children's station on (I won't name name's but it rhymes with Mayflouse Bisney) Brady finally showed interested in a show. The show had all of the makings of a great children's show...real people, songs, educational aspects...and it made me want to kill myself after 2 minutes. OK, so I'm exaggerating, but OH MY GOSH! If he wasn't shaking his little fanny to the music with delight, I think I might have thrown the T.V. out the window.
Conclusion: Fate has spoken, and I will stop being selfish, and keep the T.V. off until Brady is old enough to watch Law and Order with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you are NOT one of those moms who think it's good for kids to watch TV all day! I am very proud of you.
Love, Your mama