Friday, June 1, 2007

Amsterdam...beautiful, but not for children!




We just returned from a wonderful little vacation to Amsterdam, where we met up with my mom and had a great time. I mean, what about damp, rainy weather doesn't make you want to splash in a fountain?! That's what Brady had fun doing. Amsterdam was actually a very pleasant surprise. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did (no offense, Amsterdam!). The buildings were lovely, the food was good (bagels!), and there was a lot to see. But with the waterways everywhere (not blocked by fences), the Red Light District, the "coffee houses" wafting the interesting smells in our direction, and the very reverend memories in the Anne Frank House, I would suggest making Amsterdam a trip to take without the kids! At any rate, Brady really enjoyed himself, as did we. And, it was such an easy drive, we will gladly go back with anyone who wants to visit!

No comments: