Friday, August 3, 2007

The Jersey Shore (or "Beach")


While visiting home this past July, my parents and I decided to take Brady on his first "Fletcher" family trip. So, in typical Fletcher fashion, we loaded up the car to capacity (yes, I said a day trip), then we waited for my Dad to join us (after cleaning out the garage), then my parents argued (staple of a family trip), and FINALLY, we drove the hour and a half to Avalon beach. And I must say, I would wait in the car for my dad for 7 hours if it means getting to take Brady to the beach again. He had SO MUCH FUN! We hadn't even dropped our bags yet before Brady was digging in the sand with his shovel. Uncle Blaise buried Brady's legs in the sand...very fun. And, Brady LOVED standing at the edge of the water as the waves rushed over his legs. He kept trying to bend over and blow bubbles in the water, but by the time he got to it, the water was gone...perplexing. When the water actually rushed up over his face, he didn't even get upset...he just loved everything that the beach had to offer. It was like his giant playground! We will be bringing Brady to the beach on our vacation next week, and I can't wait to see how happy it makes Brady again!

No comments: